With Summer slowly coming to an end, school starting soon, and my life being turned upside down in general lately, I have really started to explore quick, easy and healthy meal options. Breakfast included!
I’m a cereal lover, and so is Jaxson. Jax and I could survive solely off of cereal and milk if life allowed it. And by life allowing it, I mean that I have to be a Mother and tell him to try new things and show him that there is more delicious food in this world than Fruity Pebbles and Cinnamon Toast Crunch.
So I decided to share some quick and easy (and delicious!) breakfast recipes that I found on Pinterest and have fallen in love with! My favorite part about these breakfast options is that Jax loves them too! Give them a try and let me know what you think!
Granola Parfaits with Peaches and Blueberries
Serves 1. Total time : 5 minutes
- 1 (5-ounce) container vanilla Greek yogurt
- 1/3 cup granola with oats and dark chocolate pieces
- 1 peach, sliced into thin wedges
- 1/4 cup blueberries
Layer half the Greek yogurt on the bottom of a desert glass. Top with half the granola, half of the peach slices and half of the blueberries. Create one more layer of yogurt, granola, peaches and blueberries.
The Best Avocado Toast
This one is great to me! There are so many variations of avocado toast. But Alison from lovingitvegan.com takes it back to the basics! I love to add some egg whites and red pepper flakes to mine! Yummmm!
Per the words of Alison:
The right way to do avocado on toast? Take perfectly ripe avocado, slice it in half, scoop out the flesh into a bowl. Mash with a fork. Yes, mash. Sliced avocado on toast just will not do. It’s not the same. This is a crucial factor in the perfect avocado on toast recipe.
The first crucial factor: Mashed avocado (with a fork)
The second crucial factor: Sea salt
The third crucial factor: Black pepper
Fourth crucial factor: Perfectly toasted wholewheat bread. If you can get the wholewheat bread with little seeds all over the top, that’s even better.
Chocolate Peanut Butter Banana Smoothie
- 1/4 cup creamy peanut butter
- 2 bananas (frozen is best if you have it)
- 1/2 cup milk (add another 1/4 cup if you have a lower powered blender)
- 1/2 cup low fat vanilla greek yogurt
- 2 TBS cocoa powder
- 3/4 cup ice
Throw all your ingredients together into the blender.
Blend on high until smooth.
Pour into glasses and serve.
Easy Spinach & Egg White Omelette
- 3 egg whites
- 1 Tbsp. water
- 1 cup baby spinach
- 1 tsp. olive oil
- salt & pepper
- ¼ cup low-fat cottage cheese
- sprinkle of freshly grated parmesan cheese, if desired
- diced tomatoes, for serving
- In a medium bowl, whisk together egg whites and water. Season with salt and pepper.
- In a nonstick skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add spinach and season with salt and pepper. Stir for a minute, until leaves are wilted and tender.
- Add in egg whites and cook until almost set. Using a spatula, lightly lift up sides around the outside of the omelet and let any uncooked egg whites run underneath.
- Spread cottage cheese on top of the omelette in the middle, and sprinkle with parmesan. Fold each side of the omelette over onto itself, covering the cottage cheese.
- Serve with some diced tomatoes, if desired. Enjoy!
Strawberry Banana Smoothie with Almond Milk
- 1/2 cup plain greek yogurt , or vanilla
- 1 banana , sliced
- 1/4 cup almonds , raw
- 1/2 cup old fashioned oats
- 2 cups strawberries , frozen
- 2/3 cup almond milk , unsweetened
- 1 teaspoon honey
Add all ingredients in a blender.
Blend for about 90 seconds until the mixture is smooth.
Add more or less honey as needed. Top with chopped almonds, strawberry or bananas if desired.
Though these might be some of my favorite quick + healthy breakfast options, I still love my cereal and other comfort foods like french toast with peanut butter or pancakes with whipped cream! Check out more of the foods that make my own mouth water on my Pinterest!
What are your favorite breakfast options?